There are a number of different things that you can do to ensure you succeed in a remote sales position, whether this is remote insurance sales jobs or a job in software. This includes:
- Deliver consistent results – When working remotely, you need to be focused on getting things done, and you need to make sure that this is visible to others. When you are in an office, sometimes you can get away with just being visible but not necessarily conveying daily progress or making your work visible. This is not possible in a remote environment. No one sees you every day, so you need to make your work seen in remote phone sales jobs, no matter whether you’re selling the latest diet shakes, roofing membrane products to the wholesale market, or financial forecasting software.
- Focus on results, not time – One of the biggest mistakes that people make when working in remote positions is merely focusing on the hours they put in, rather than focusing on the results. Remember, sales is a results-based business. No one is going to care if you put in 10 hours per day and you’re not making any sales. In full-time or part time remote sales jobs, want someone who is going to secure customers and make sales. If you are putting in a lot of hours and you are not getting any results, it is time to start looking at your processes and find out where you are going wrong. You need to make sure you are using your time as efficiently as possible. This is the only way you are going to make a considerable amount of money in the sales business!
- Keep a routine in place – If you do not have a routine in place, this can lead to a scattered day, where you may not achieve much. Instead, if you try to mimic an office routine, you will find it a lot easier to be productive and get work done.
- Be focused and disciplined – Working successfully in phone sales jobs from home relies on your focus, discipline, and mindset. You could be at home, but you are still going to be on the corporate clock. It is easy to get distracted, which is why you need to work hard to maintain your focus. Beware of anything that could impede your productivity.
- Leverage messaging and video technology – This is especially important when it comes to remote sales positions. Communication is key, and your interactions should not be limited to email.
- Pick up the phone – Finally, when you are working remotely, whether in full time or part-time sales jobs from home, it is imperative to maintain good communication. It can be easy to feel like you are cut away from the rest of the business, which is why it is vital to ensure that you pick up the phone and build good relationships with your boss and senior employees. Of course, this does not mean that you should be a pest!